The following are the Doctrinal Basis of the BCCC. It forms part of the BCCC Constitution.
The doctrinal basis of the BCCC is:
1. The Divine inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The Unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
3. The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
4. The dignity of man created in the image of God, and the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5. The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth and His real and sinless humanity; His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection and His present reign in heaven.
6. Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, only through the sacrificial death of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and man.
7. Justification as God’s act of undeserved mercy, in which the sinner is pardoned of all his sins, and accepted as righteous in God’s sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to him, this justification being received not by works but by faith alone.
8. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, making the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner and granting repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
9. The indwelling work of the Holy Spirit in believers, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and equipping them for witness in the world.
10. The one holy universal church which is the body of Christ, and to which all believers belong.
11. The expectation of the future visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ in person.
12. The bodily resurrection and eternal security of all true believers.
13. All unrepentant sinners will be resurrected and subjected to eternal punishment in hell.